What should I do if I get a bad check?

If you or your business has received a bad check in exchange for goods or services, fill out a Victim Information Form (first time victims only), attach the bad check to a completed Submittal/Witness Form (use a separate form for each bad check), and mail or deliver these materials to our office: MCAO Check Enforcement Program, 225 West Madison Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003. If there is sufficient evidence to prove the ID of the check writers, we will take action — including criminal prosecution — to collect the funds you are owed from the bad check writer plus a $25 merchant fee at no cost to you.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I get a bad check?
2. What types of checks are NOT handled by the program?
3. What happens to the bad check writer?
4. What else can I do to recover funds from a bad check?
5. What if I receive payment after submitting a check to the program?