News Flash

Community News Stories

Posted on: April 16, 2020

We All Benefit When We Respond

Census form on flag

Opportunities like these don’t come around often, to be more specific they only come around every ten years. Yes, we’re talking about the census, a once-in-a-decade count of everyone in the United States. While we continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 at home, we can cross completing the 2020 census off our to do list.

The survey can be completed in a few minutes and has a lasting impact on the well-being of our communities in the valley. Data collected from the census helps inform where billions in federal funding will go every year for the next ten years. Funding that can help support essential services such as hospitals, schools, roads, and community programs.

So far, 49% of Maricopa County has completed the census. The other 51%, about 2.3 million residents, have until August to complete the survey online, by phone, or mail. The survey focuses on gathering information about who lives in your household and doesn’t ask anything regarding social security, banking information or citizenship status. To ensure an accurate count it’s important that everyone, citizens and non-citizens alike, complete the census. All answers submitted to the Census Bureau are protected by law and cannot be used for any other purpose.

Help bring funding and resources to improve the quality of life throughout our communities. To complete the census visit, My2020Census.gov. To keep track of the 2020 census response rate visit, 2020Census.gov/en/response-rates.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Community News Stories

Looking through a car windshield at night. The lights are blurred.

Don’t Graduate into a DUI

Posted on: May 19, 2020
Happy Mothers Day

Honoring MCAO Moms

Posted on: May 8, 2020
COVID-19 Stimulus Check Scams

Stimulus Check Scams

Posted on: May 7, 2020
National Law Day 2020

It’s National Law Day

Posted on: May 1, 2020
Angela Andrews

Collaboration is Key

Posted on: April 30, 2020
Inspiration in the Face of Adversity

Inspiration in the Face of Adversity

Posted on: April 24, 2020
Heather Kirka

Charging Ahead and Working Together

Posted on: April 23, 2020
Brittany Hogard

Keeping the Wheels of Justice Rolling

Posted on: April 15, 2020
Person typing on computer keyboard

Be a Smart Online User

Posted on: April 13, 2020
Avoid Coronavirus Scams

COVID-19 Scam Awareness

Posted on: March 30, 2020
Allister with Female Staff

Celebrating Women’s History Month

Posted on: March 1, 2020
2020 Census Advertisement - Shape your Future, Start Here

YOU Count: Fill Out the Census Today

Posted on: March 1, 2020

Community Outreach Highlights

Posted on: March 1, 2020