An inside look at the criminal justice system in action.
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office (MCAO) Citizens Academy is a free, one-day program of presentations and activities designed to educate members of the public about the unique role the MCAO plays in the criminal justice system.
Participants will hear from prosecutors and subject matter experts during a series of presentations that provide an insider’s view of the nation’s third largest prosecutorial office.
The Citizens Academy has been recognized with a 2015 NACo Achievement Award!
At the award-winning MCAO Citizens Academy you will:
- Gain a better understanding of MCAO's role in the criminal justice system
- Learn how a case is submitted, reviewed, and charged
- Participate in a mock case review and decide how to charge a felony
- Learn about victim services and MCAO’s critical incident review
Who should attend:
- Maricopa County residents interested in criminal justice
- Neighborhood watch and community groups
- Business and civic organizations
- Trade and professional associations
- Students and educators
- Elected officials and public service professionals
How to Participate:
The MCAO Citizens Academy is held from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. A light lunch is included for all participants. All participants must be 18 or over to attend.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the registration form below. Registrations are first come, first serve. Please be aware that as part of our registration process and to ensure a safe and enjoyable event, we ask all participants to undergo a background screening.
February 20, 2024
April 16, 2024
September 17, 2024
October 15, 2024
Maricopa County Attorney's Office
225 West Madison Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Classes fill up quickly, please submit your registration form at least three weeks before your selected date. If the class for your selected date is full, we’ll contact you to reschedule.
For any questions or additional information, please contact