Invest in Your Future!
Joining the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office Investigations Division is an investment in your future. Our detectives have an average of 20 years professional law enforcement experience and use their diverse, specialized backgrounds to provide a full range of investigative and law enforcement services to one of the largest prosecutorial offices in the nation. Whether you recently have retired from a police department or currently have five years on the force (including two years of investigative experience), the Investigations Division needs dedicated peace officers, like you, who are committed to improving the quality of community life. The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office Investigations Division is the first and only agency of its kind to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (C.A.L.E.A.).
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has achieved national prominence for our innovative approach to prosecuting difficult cases and dangerous felons. Our detectives are a key component to this success. As a member of the Investigations Division, you will have access to state-of-the-art technology and continual training.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Arizona State Retirement (if retired from PSPRS)
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System
- Deferred compensation program
- 15 days paid leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Government Merit Employment Status
- Tuition reimbursement
Applicants must have the following qualifications before applying to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office:
- Five years of full-time law enforcement to include two years of full time investigative experience
- Current certification from the State of Arizona Peace Officer Standards & Training Board (AZ P.O.S.T) as a Peace Officer
- Qualify for Arizona Peace Officer certificate by equivalent training and certification in any other state (Note: The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office does not provide police academy training to qualify applicants for this position)
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and proof of insurance
The selection process for Detective includes:
- Oral Board examination
- Thorough background check
- Polygraph exam
- Psychological fitness exam
- Drug testing
- Medical exam
Applicants who successfully complete the Oral Board examination will be invited to continue in the selection process.
Visit the Maricopa County Jobs Website and select “County Attorney” under “Location” to bring up all available positions.